With this build the focus is on using Righteous fire (as designed) to provide massive spell damage boost. With that in mind it is important to collect all life % regeneration nodes possible. It REQUIRES Rise of the Phoenix shield. Basically the strategy until level 60 is to face tank anything and everything. Just make sure you have decent resistances and armor and you are good to go. Eldritch Battery is also required in late game as Righteous Fire now damages you based on energy shield as well. Also please keep in mind to avoid Inner Force and the accompanying skill buffs. The increased effectiveness will make you burn for 21% more dmg which ruins the build.
With the 1.0.2 DoT changes I now run RF with increased burning damage gem, and increased area of effect gem. Damage output is awesome.
Things to note:
- With the DoT changes in v. 1.0.2 it is now viable to get the increased burning damage nodes to increase the damage on enemies from RF. The new "Final Passive Skill Tree" is a theoretical level 100 build that requires Astramentis Onyx Amulet.
- The life regeneration is higher than this site would have you believe. With endurance charges + Vitality it is somewhere between 11-12% of life regen/sec
- The max life % increase overall can actually get up to about 212% if that is important to your play style
- There is an alternate build concept where you get rid of all fire damage and elemental damage increases, opt for increased area of effect nodes, take elemental equilibrium and use ice nova + curse on hit + flammability + bling + what ever other support gems you want. As the damage over time from RF does not count as hits this build is designed to maximize damage from RF itself. Sort of a passive tank. For this build the more health nodes you collect the more damage you do. Build not tested, but the concept is solid.
Advantages: Very tanky at all stages of the game due to life regeneration, Not very gear dependent so it can be built on a budget, runs multiple auras (up to 5), No major respecs required at any stage of the game unless you want to switch the build up, Uniques can augment your build to change play style, NO 6L REQIRED!!!!!!
Disadvantages: Requires some uniques to be functional, Most if not all chaos resist will have to be supplied by gear, Very low DPS in late Cruel and onward until endgame, Righteous Fire does not become viable until at least level 65
Levelling guide ##
Use 2H weapon until level 20 Level ~20 passive skill tree
Switch to 1H + Shield to increase defenses and add to your resists at level 40 Level ~40 passive skill tree
I switched to Incinerate + Lesser Multiple Projectile + Faster Projectiles in early to mid 50s onward. If you can add Blind it will greatly increase your survivability. Please note I also obtained a GGB link Moonsorrow Imbued Wand (level 59. I found it in world drop and crafted the socket colors/links) which has a mod for blind on it (I intend for it to be my end game weapon). Also please note at level 65 you ABSOLUTELY need Rise of the Phoenix Mosaic Kite Shield. This is the ONE UNIQUE you MUST have for this build to work properly. It is not tremendously costly, and can be often found for cheaper than it is worth. Level ~60+ passive skill tree
Based on your uniques this passive tree will need to be adjusted. I have it set for very end game with my uniques which include Astramentis Onyx Amulet with +120 to all attributes Final passive skill tree
- Purity of Fire
- Purity of Lightning
- Purity of Ice
- Clarity (Attached to Blood Magic)
- Righteous Fire (not technically an aura, but I will list it here as I use it as one)
- 3L: Incinerate - Faster Projectiles - Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectile (On Moonsorrow wand. If you do not have it or cannot get it put these in a 4L with Blind)
- 3L: Cast when Damage Taken L6 - Enduring Cry 8 - Molten Shell L10 (On shield)
- 4L: Reduce Mana - Aura 1 - Aura 2 - Aura 3
- 4L: Reduced Mana - Aura 4 - Aura 5 - Misc Gem, possibly Fmalmability (I have my flammability on a 4L with the CwDT that way it just gets tossed out as I take damage. Adjust to suit your play style)
Those are the required gem sets. For funzies you might consider Discharge with burning damage and fire penetration mods on a 4L. Don't forget to save a socket for your Righteous Fire skill. Add in or take off what ever else you feel like would be helpful.
Uniques I am using: - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Astramentis - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wurms_Molt - x2 http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaoms_Sign - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ambus_Charge - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hrimnors_Resolve - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rise_of_the_Phoenix <-- MUST HAVE IT!
NOTE: Theory Craft Alternate build using Righteous Fire as main source of damage. Use frost nova linked with increased AOE and faster casting to set off Elemental Equilibrium, stack as much life gear as possible (Legacy Koams if you can afford it would make this deal exceptional damage), and use all straight STR armor to avoid having energy shield deal too much additional damage to yourself and just run mobs over. Another fun Idea would be using flicker strike as your main attack linked with non-fire elemental damage (cold or lightening) to set off Elemental Equilibrium. This would enable you to get right on top of your targets quickly.
The build: Level 80
This final alternate build makes use of curses. Link Curse on Hit in a 5L with Frost Nova, Faster Casting, Elemental Weakness, Flammability and mobs will have -150% fire resist greatly boosting DoT from Righteous Fire