Well its a big guy who smashes stuff up with a big weapon. Using Earthquake gives us crazy damage, especially later on, while also giving us an AoE to tackle with groups and Conc Effect for about 60k more damage for bosses. The life and mana leech we pick up give us what seems like a constant eternal flask gulping on us, without much spec into leech due to the dps. The biggest weakness of this build is simply mana leech, but only 0.2% mana leech is enough to keep us going.I suggest finding this leech using a jewel socket, the viridian jewels i know have it up to 0.4%. Other than that, there isn't really any other major weakness besides getting enough dex and int. It's a melee build with 76/75/75 res and the opportunity for decent chaos res. I myself have 87% (27% in merc) by using amethyst rings with chaos mods and devoto's devotion. To use this, you simply put leap slam on middle mouse, EQ on right click, and move only on left click, leap slam into a pack and shake them to pieces. Also has 6500 life, 27% phy reduct, 17% chance to evade, and 350 hp/s regen. The ascendancy tree also means we are basically unstunnable, due to the fact we have almost always killed something in the last few seconds.
For levelling i'd suggest using any ol' marauder melee skill until you can get to EQ. I started with a mace, and later Mahori Eqri. At this point, the tree was basically the same, switching out the major axe nodes for the nearby mace ones. Mana can be a problem, id suggest an elreon ring or such to help. Honestly I Respecced a level 75 character, so im a bit blind here, but a Mahori Eqri will easily suffice if you don't want to splash out on a Disfavour.
- Hatred- for a massive DPS boost.
- Arctic Armour- since we have to stand still to attack, and we have about 35% mana left, i thought this was the best option.
- 4L (helmet): Leap slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Concentrated effect/Inc AoE, putting the area effect gems here mean they are close to your weapon slot when you want to switch for bosses and such, not really for leap slam. Using leap slam to get right into packs is it's main use, not transport, but it is pretty fast as is. Fortify is also pretty useful since we are jumping into enemies.
- 4L: Arctic Armour - Hatred - Vengence - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. With 2 slots to spare, I use vengence to attempt to generate endurance charges. Honestly i never see many due to our DPS not giving monsters a chance.
- 4L: Punishment - Flame Golem - Molten Shell - Cast on Damage Taken. Flame golem for damage, molten shell for damage and some armour, and any curse really. I use punishment since it helps with Atziri, but when reflected is useless to her as she cannot melee attack. Unlike some CoDT links, level everything on this to max.
- 6L: Earthquake - Melee Physical damage - Inc Aoe/Conc effect - Less duration - Added fire Damage - Weapon elemental Damage. Inc AoE for normal play, Conc Effect for bosses. For a 4L, drop the fire damage and weapon elemental.
The gear we use is:
Atziri's Disfavour (6L):
Which is like 25ex, but if too expensive, use any high damage hammer or axe. Attack speed is really not too important here, look out more for physical damage. This and the built in Inc. AoE means mahori is a good choice. Currently im at 200k dps with conc effect and 110k dps without with my disfavour, if i remember correctly my mahori was about 40k. WARNING: Use conc effect with atziri and be careful, as mahori's inc AoE will probably hit the mirror atziri and youll one-shot yourself.
Devoto's Devotion (4L):
I used a normal armour helm, but once i didn't need res, i found Devoto's to be a low cost wonder. The move speed and chaos res and the main reasons, and the Dex really helps.
Kaom's Heart (0L):
Since i didn't need any more slots, i decided to go for Kaom's heart, which gives me 1400 life and 2k dps at my current state. The HP boosts us up to 6500. The only upgrade i can see in my future would be a legacy Kaoms.
The rest of my gear is all rares, focusing on resistance. If you have enough res, int and dex, then you can find a good damage pair of gloves like i did, with attack speed and flat physical. Your also looking for life and chaos res if you have the normal res to spare.
I use two instant bleed flasks, because F**K bleeding and our leech pretty much managed scrapes. These are really only for savage hits. I also use a speed flask with speed on it, a basalt flask with more armour on it (which is swapped for a fire flask for atziri) and an Atziri's promise for more dps and leech for bosses. A taste of hate might be useful instead of Atziri's promise, but i honestly don't think it's worth it.
Well thats about it, if you have any queries or problems just message me ingame or on steam, my unique steam ID is /haveltheflop and my poe account is Kruziik_al.